SHANGLA, 29 November: Nineteen shops and eight houses were gutted when fire erupted in a market in Shangla on Saturday.

Tehsil Nazim Poran Azizullah said the fire erupted due to electricity short circuit in Behlolkhel area. Goods worth millions of rupees in the shops and houses were reduced to ashes in the fire. However, the fire did not cause any life loss.

The local people doused the fire on self-help basis after hectic efforts of four hours as there was no Fire Brigade service in the area. The affected people have demanded the government to compensate them for the losses.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here