An inside view of Miranshah hospital.

MIRANSHAH: At least 24 laborers were hospitalized after their condition deteriorated as result of eating bad food here on Monday, doctors in Miranshah headquarters hospital said.

The doctors said 15 laborers were brought to the Mirnashah Headquarters hospital after they started omitting and got diarrhea. However they said the rest of laborers were treated locally in Muhammad Khel village where they are working on the construction of residential colony for government employees.

The doctors said that the laborers might have eaten expired or unhygienic pulses and chicken last night which caused them food poisoning.

They said that all the 15 laborers were discharged from the hospital after getting initial treatment saying their condition was out of danger now.

Earlier on September 23 this year, thirty-eight students of a madrassa (religious seminary) were affected from food poisoning after eating bad food in Jarma area of Kohat.

According to experts food poisoning is an illness caused by eating contaminated food. It’s not usually serious and most people get better within a few days without treatment.