UPPER DIR, 30 October: Thirty shops were reduced to ashes and 15 were partially damaged after fire erupted in Patrak Bazaar in Dir Kohistan on Thursday night.

Police said the fire erupted due to electricity short circuit in a shop which spread to other shops. The damaged properties also include two hotels, a motor workshop and a clinical laboratory. The local people doused the fire on self-help basis after hectic efforts.

The owners of the shops suffered losses of millions of rupees in the inferno.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here