PESHAWAR: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Elementary and Secondary Education Department has launched a campaign to enroll 800,000 out of school children this year.

The launching ceremony of the campaign was held at Government Saheed Osama Higher Secondary School, City-2. KP Minister for Elementary and Secondary Education Shahram Khan Tarakai, who was chief guest on the occasion, gave free textbooks and schoolbags to the newly enrolled children to launch the province-wide campaign. He directed all district education officers (DEOs) to increase student enrolment in their respective zones.

Mr Tarakai said a hefty amount of Rs3 billion had been allocated in the budget to provide furniture to all schools across the province. He said the e-transfer policy had been introduced to ensure transparency and merit in the transfer case of teachers, adding that under the policy a right teacher would have the right position. He said that all arrangements had been made to start double-shift classes in the first phase at selected schools of KP which would help equip maximum children with quality education besides facilitating parents and students from far-flung areas.

The minister said the KP government would provide 7,000 Rehmatul Lil Alameen scholarships to assist the students from all the public sector on merit. He said that more teachers would be recruited as stopgap arrangements to meet their shortage.

The minister said provision of education to all children was a shared responsibility and each individual of the society, especially the parents, must play a proactive role in this regard. He said education was a key to national prosperity and progress, adding that the goal of sustainable development could be achieved by equipping every child with basic right to education.

He said that the government was taking solid steps for the promotion of education in the country, adding that introduction of a uniform education system was one of the major achievements of the government and it would put an end to status-based education.

Earlier, the minister had said the second-shift classes in selected schools would kick off from September 01. School timings have also been resumed to normal procedure to make sure that the students get maximum time to make up for lost time during corona virus lockdown.

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here