DG ISPR Asim Saleem Bajwa. - A file photo

PESHAWAR, 13 July: The Pakistan Army has said that no deadline can be given on the completion of the ongoing military operation in North Waziristan Agency.

Director General Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Major General Asim Saleem Bajwa told a private news agency on Sunday that the first phase of operation against militants in Shawal area of North Waziristan has been completed and the second phase of the offensive will be launched soon. He said the militants have fled to the forests of Shawal near Dattakhel and the security forces may face resistance in that area. He said Operation Zarb-e-Azb is progressing according to a well thought out plan.

The military spokesman said the militants will not be allowed to come back to tribal areas at any cost. He added that no agreement will be made with the militants for their return.

Mr Bajwa said a survey has been launched for rehabilitation of the internally displaced persons (IDPs). He said the rehabilitation process will cost Rs80 billion. He said all facilities will be given to the people who have returned to their areas.

He said an investigation committee has been formed to probe the firing incident at an IDPs camp in Bannu last month in which two persons lost their lives.

The DG ISPR said Pakistan has made considerable improvement in controlling polio with the help of the United Arab Emirates. He said the Pakistan Army enjoys the support of people. He said with people’s support, the military will achieve all its objectives.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here