PARACHINAR, 18 December: A couple lost their life on the very first night of their wedding due to gas leakage in Parachinar area of Kurram Agency on Saturday night.

TNN correspondent said the wedding of Engineer Hasnain was held on Saturday. The bride and bridegroom died due to gas leakage in their room.

Hasnain Mumtaz’s father told TNN that a gas heater was arranged for the couple when they said they are feeling cold.

“My son was studying software engineering from Muzaffarabad University, while my daughter-in-law was physics lecturer in Benazir Degree College. We tried to wake them up to see off their friends who came for the wedding ceremony in the morning but both of them were found dead when we broke open the door,” he said.