Shazia and her mother addressing a news conference about her ordeal in Charsada on Thursday. Photo by TNN.

By Said Nazir

CHARSADA, 28 April: A vendor girl has alleged that she has been raped repeatedly for seven days by a Christian lad in Shabqadr’s Wapda colony.

Shazia who sells household items in different areas of the district told media persons on Thursday that she was on a visit to Shabqadr on March 28 when the accused Adrak invited her to his house and molested her.

“I along with my sister had gone to Shabqadr’s Wapda colony where the accused Adrak, son of Davis, on the pretext of buying utensils invited me to his house and raped me,” Shazia revealed.

Flanked by her mother Marjana, Shazia added that the accused and his father kept her in their house for seven days. “During my captivity, Adrek raped me several times,” the girl said in a gloomy voice.

The Shabqadr police said they have recovered the girl after seven days from the house of Adrek. “The medical reports suggest that she has been raped,” a police official confided to TNN.

Shazia, who belongs to Sherpao area of district Charsada, the hometown of former chief minister Aftab Khan Sherpao, alleged that the local police had been favoring the accused.

“The accused have bribed the station house officer Murtaza Khan and other police personnel. They intentionally omitted the zina bil jabar sections from the first information report (FIR),” she maintained.

She further alleged that the police tortured her parents and injured her father’s teeth and jaw.

“The SHO tore my mother’s cloths and drag her on ground,” she alleged.

She further alleged that Murtaza Khan had been forcing her to settle the issue with the accused.

“The police official threatened me that if I did not settle the issue with the accused, he will record a stripped video of my mother and will upload it on social media. He further threatened me that he will lodged fabricated and concocted drug cases against my father and will put him behind bars for years,” Shazia maintained.

The victim girl informed that she had filed a petition with the district and sessions’ judge against the police officer but said it is almost impossible to get justice.

On the petition of Shazia, the district and sessions judge summoned the police officer on Wednesday to appear before it. During the hearing, the court ordered the police to arrest Murtaza but he managed to flee from the scene after brandishing pistol at a police constable inside the courtroom.

The police officer has been suspended by the district police chief Khalid Sohail and has constituted a committee to further probe the matter.

The local lawyers’ community expressed resentment over the action of the police official and boycotted courts’ proceedings in protest.

They strongly condemned the police action demanded of the high ups to take stern actions against him for committing contempt of court.