PESHAWAR, August 11: The federal government has replied to the demands put forward by Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Mr Pervez Khattak in a letter to the Prime Minister, Mr Nawaz Sharif.
The federal government says it is considering to declare the province a calamity-hit area. It says provision of net hydel profit to the province will also start next month and that electricity quote of the province would also be increased. It, however, asked the provincial government to take measures to stop power theft.
It also says the government has approved recruitment of 3,000 FC personnel in the province and that it is also supporting the province in the look after of internally displaced persons from North Waziristan.
Last month the Chief Minister, Mr Pervez Khattak, wrote to the prime minister and put forward 11 demands including increase in the power quota from 1300 megawatts to 2000 megawatts, calling FC platoons from other parts of the country back to Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and payment of net hydel proft to the province.