PESHAWAR: The father of Naqeebullah Mehsud, who was killed in a fake police encounter in Karachi, on Thursday warned against using the name of his martyred son for doing politics maligning the state institutions.
Talking to media, Muhammad Khan said anyone who talks against the Pakistan Army, in fact, talks against the country. He said this propaganda must stop at once. He said the Pakistan Army has restored peace in most of the areas previously held by the terrorists and they offered countless sacrifices.
Muhammad Khan said the Army is the guardian of Pakhtuns. He said he has no doubt in the assurance given by the Army Chief, Chief Justice of Pakistan and Prime Minister of Pakistan that justice will be provided to Naqeebullah Mehsud. He said he has seen several positive outcomes in the murder case of his son during the last one year.
Muhammad Khan said those raising funds in the name of his son will themselves be responsible for their actions. He said he has never allowed anyone to raise funds and the only thing he wants is justice for his martyred son. He lamented that politicising the issue can push the real issue backwards. He insisted that legal and constitutional limits should not be crossed on the issue.
The father of Naqeebullah said the matter is in the courts now which are seeing the case. He hoped that the case will be taken to its logical conclusion. He said those responsible for Naqeebullah’s murder were in uniform and justice would be given by the very same individuals who wear the uniform.
Naqeeubllah’s father also praised the Pakistan Army for undertaking several uplift works in the tribal districts. He further said that the Pakistan Army had exposed foreign militants and cleansed the terror-stricken Waziristan. He said regionalism must be discouraged as we all are part of Pakistan.
In an earlier statement, the father of Naqeebullah rejected the rumours circulating in the social media about accepting compensation for the death of his son and vowed to take the case to its logical end.
Muhammad Khan’s statement came a day after an Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) rejected the bail application of seven accused in the murder case of Naqeebullah Mehsud and sent them to jail.
Naqeebullah Mehsud, a shopkeeper and an aspiring model hailing from South Waziristan, along with three others, was shot dead allegedly by Rao Anwar and 11 of his subordinates in a fake encounter in Karachi’s Malir area on 13 January, 2018.
Naqeeb’s murder triggered massive protests which forced the government to hold an inquiry into the matter. The inquiry found that Naqeeb was innocent and not involved in any subversive activity. On 11 July, 2018, the ATC granted bail to Rao Anwar against a surety of Rs1 million. Earlier this month, the Supreme Court turned down a petition by Rao Anwar seeking removal of his name from the Exit Control List (ECL).