Suicide attack on security forces convoy kill 12 in Kabul
Suicide attack on security forces convoy kill 12 in Kabul.

KABUL: Around 12 persons including four security personnel were killed on Tuesday after a suicide bomber hit a convoy of security forces in Kabul.

The blast took place in Paghman district in western Kabul when the vehicles returned from an overnight operation, the interior ministry said.

International media quoting Afghan officials said that twelve people including four members of the security forces were killed.

The reports said that the attack came hours after an overnight assault by Taliban fighters on a checkpoint in Arghistan, a district in southern Kandahar province. At least eight police officers were killed,according to the provincial media office.

An estimated 2,798 civilians have been killed and 5,252 others wounded in attacks across the country from January to September this year, according to the United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA).

Last month, President Ashraf Ghani said 28,529 Afghan security forces had been killed since the start of 2015, a figure far higher than anything previously acknowledged. That is an average of about 20 soldiers killed every day, according to Aljazeera.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here