WANA: Unidentified miscreants kidnapped a local tehsildar in Ladha tehsil of South Waziristan tribal district on Tuesday night.

Local sources said Tehsildar Gul Daraz was going home after duty in the night when he was kidnapped by unknown miscreants. The sources said Gul Daraz after performing duty went to his friends and had a dinner with them. After having dinner, he was on his way home, when he was abducted.

The sources said a Levies personnel was also on duty with Tehsildar Gul Daraz Khan. The kidnappers also snatched arms from the Levies personnel.

No one has claimed responsibility for the kidnapping so far. It is feared that the tehsildar might have been kidnapped by militants.

Despite conclusion of military operations and return of temporarily displaced persons (TDPs) in South Waziristan, militants still have a small presence in the region and attacks of the security forces and intelligence-based operations take place in the area.

The last such operation was carried out in Gul Kach area of South Waziristan tribal district last month. According to sources, the action was carried out under Operation Raddul Fasaad on 5 February. An exchange of fire took place between the security forces and terrorists in Gul Kach area during which three terrorists were killed. The sources said the terrorists opened fire on the security forces after which a clash ensued. The security forces said hand grenades and explosive material was recovered from the possession of the terrorists.

Meanwhile, Mardan Police arrested two main accused of a firing incident which claimed three lives on Tuesday.

Three persons, including two brothers, lost their lives, and three others sustained injuries in the firing incident. Police said two groups, who were cousins, exchanged fire in Gharibabad, Mayar area in the limits of Hoti Police Station after a verbal clash among women from the two sides. Two brothers from one group, Anwar Ali and Qaiser Ali, and one person from other group, Hazrat Ali, died on the spot in the firing incident, while three other persons, including two passers-by, sustained injuries. The deceased persons were cousins and they clashed over a women’s issue. The main accused escaped after the incident.

On Tuesday night, police arrested Nazeer Gul and Bahadur Sher, who are the main accused in the case. The accused are being interrogated.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here