fire in Batagram

BATTAGRAM, July 21: An inferno has reduced three shops to ashes in Battagram district.

TNN correspondent says three shops located in the Paimal Adda were engulfed by fire, which erupted because of short-circuiting late Sunday night.

The fire caused huge loss to Mr Gul Rehman, as he lost 2 million rupees cash and commodities worth 4 million rupees. The incident caused Mr Gul Rehman cardiac arrest and he was admitted to a local hospital. Local residents doused the flames after hectic efforts and no fire brigade vehicle was seen at the venue.